Friday, October 26, 2012

The Quest for the Epic Nap

I'm so tired. I love this time of year: the crisp air and changing leaves. But the past few days it's just been SO GREY out that it's been impossible to properly wake up. And so I'm sleepy all day. Things in the office haven't been exactly easy this week either. There's always one drama or another going on, but I feel like they're compounded right now and all I want to do is to stay out of it. ...I'm just so thankful for the impending weekend. And this Vanilla Spice Perfect Energy tea from Yogi that is just phenomenal.

Everything is tagged and ready to go for the show this weekend and the weather is supposed to hold out before Frankenstorm hits Sunday night. Hopefully it won't be too stressful. :)

I think I'm finally making headway on my sister's holiday cowl as well. I had to frog it several times already, and I've been through several patterns. I finally decided last night that I'm just going to improvise. It's almost always the answer. The internet is both a wonderful and terrible thing for patterns. People like to just invent their own nonsensical terminology and it's infuriating, especially when it's a pattern that I've paid for. I find that it's almost always better to do it myself. This is a rant that will be posted and reposted in many parts a number of time. People and their patterns and their insane possessiveness over work that is in large part stolen anyway and their utter ineptitude at that plagiarism... epic amounts of ranting can be done on this topic. But I'll stop for now and instead reiterate my joy at feeling like I'm finally on my way to getting this cowl finished. Yay cowls!

I'm planning on taking an epic, epic nap when I get home, something which I am perhaps inappropriate amounts of excited about. Between that and my promise elicited last night from Boyfriend for a backrub this evening, I just really want this day to be over. Really truly. In the mean time I'll keep chugging my energy tea and try to not get a headstart on my nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment