Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Poppin' Out The FO's!

My oh my, it's been a week. Naughty blogger, naughty naughty. I can't even remember what happened last week to keep me away! lol It wasn't anything important, I know that. I spun a little, knit a little... Finished Baby Anna's little Santa cap for my friend's baby shower this coming weekend. Some Mal Worsted in Natural & Rav Red. Easy peasy. But since Anna is due a few weeks before Christmas, I figured it would be perfect, if only for them to use in a photo to include with their Christmas thank-you notes. I also think it's funny because Anna's momma said that her Christmas gift to her parents & in-laws was a grandchild, so it's just perfect.


I CO my sister's Christmasy cowl too, though I didn't get much done on it. Other things... took precedent as the weekend approached.

We went down to Annapolis this past weekend to visit with Anna's parents-to-be and my law school friend in the area as well as Boyfriend's cousin at the Naval Academy. We went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival (Or RennFest, as they call it, which makes no sense to me because Renaissance... Weird.), which is WAY bigger than the one at Tuxedo, NY. The quality of the vendors was also outstanding. And everything was much more reasonably priced too, which was nice and made me feel less bad about Boyfriend paying for much of it.



It took forever to get home on Sunday, and despite my exhaustion I've since been on a crazy knitting kick. I finished the Ainara gloves Sunday night...


Then I started a quick simple cap from a ball of Moda Dea Tweedle Dee I had laying around. Got a few rows on that done before bed Sunday and finished it off that evening. When  I finished that I cast on a small-person cabley hat with my spare skein of Mirasol Kutama that I worked on through pub trivia last night and finished this morning...




And THEN I cast on a duplicate of a hat I made for a friend for Christmas in some Mal Chunky. I'm now 4.5 inches into that and expect to finish it this evening. I'm very proud of myself! =D 

I'm feeling a little concerned about my FO stock. The Fiber Fest cleaned me out way more than I anticipated it would, and so I'm just trying to knock out some bulky projects so give me a boost before the Bergen County Fall Harvest Festival next weekend. I have two more chunky headbands lined up after these, and after that a cowl. If I can finish all that by the end of the weekend, I'll be a little more comfortable. 

So it's good that this week is quiet so far. I decided to take a break from knitting to try and get an entry in. I'll have to wait until I get home to (finally) get my etsy shop back up to scratch (and to post this entry, apparently) which is what I planned on doing this afternoon because I left my thumb drive with all the pictures on it in my computer. Le sigh. 

Oh well. Just keep moving. I feel like I might be eating better, but my body's having another week of rebelling so it's hard to tell how that's going. I'm super restricted financially this week, which will actually make it easier to start with the "getting a better grip on my money" thing. I also feel like it's easier because I'm knitting nonstop and therefore not thinking about buying yarn so much lol. It feels really good to be MAKING again. Dyeing and spinning just aren't as satisfying to me. There's nothing like sitting down and turning string into something wearable and soft. I looove it. =)

Back to knitting. Hoping I can start the crown before it's time to go home. Two hours... Let's try and see!

Addendum: Left the burgundy hat in my desk. DRAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment