Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh Sandra Dee


This is basically what's happening right now. But you probably knew that. =)

Had a great time at the Bergen County Harvest Festival on Saturday, but it got cancelled on Sunday because of the impending doom so I stayed home with my bff and we made chocolate chip cookies 3 ways: traditional, pumpkin, and monster cookies. Poor Bosco is losing his mind right now, meowing his head off. It's super annoying and at the same time I feel really bad because there's nothing I can do to comfort him. He's reverted to "SCARED OF EVERYTHING OMG DON'T EAT ME" mode and is thus inconsolable.

They did make us go into work today, though, which made me irate to say the least. How dare they have such little regard for their employees! The majority of towns in the county are closed today, and yet I had to go in? Seriously? They let us go early, but the drive home was still dangerous, especially for those of us who had to cross over a river to get home. The Hackensack River is very flood-happy and happens to be 2 blocks from my apartment building. I didn't dare take the bridge I usually take because it's quite low and made of iron gridding (and is super slippery even when it's totally dry). Instead I had to take the bridge that they closed half of for weight-bearing issues (joy!). This much longer route did allow me to see the extent of the flooding thus far. I could only see about 2 or 3 feet of the play structures in one of the parks next to the bridge. It hasn't even rained that much here yet! If they don't cancel for whatever reason tomorrow and think I'll be going in for another pointless four hours, they're crazy.

Whatever, I'm home now. Time for some TV. Maybe some Sims 3. Definitely some hurricane knitting. I should probably work on my sister's cowl (which is coming along beautifully, I should say) but I like to work on "selfish projects" when I stay home for some unforeseen reason and there's 3 skeins of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande that are begging to be made into a scarf for moi. We'll see what happens.

Everyone in the affected area: STAY HOME. Seriously. Stay inside. Grab a book. Keep your flashlight handy. Make some tea. Mull some wine. Don't go out unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. Keep the roads clear for emergency personel and keep yourself safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment