Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fiber Fest... She Comes...

I feel like I haven't fully come awake yet. Even though my extra large coffee from QuickChek is long gone and I've been out of been out of bed for over six hours now, it's so grey and wet and yucky out that I just can seem to shake my desire to curl back up in bed with my book and cat and read until I lapse into an awesome afternoon nap. Holy wow that's a long sentence. Anyway, it's making it very difficult to wake all the way up.

Not that I would actually curl up in bed if I got to go home. With the fiber festival less than three days away, I'd get back to prepping. Reskeining dyed hanks, probably. I'm heading over to my parents' after work where the bulk of my stock lives and taking an inventory of everything and hopefully getting the car packed up. This does mean I'll be driving around with my entire business crammed into my car for a few days, but it's better than having to get up even earlier on Friday to do it without my father's help. He's a packing genius and it'll be so much easier to just have him do it in one fell swoop. Sighhhhhh.

Current WIP Roundup
Teddy Lion: I really have to get back to this. Really really. It's just something I have to actively pay attention to. But the baby shower approacheth quickly! Damn. I've still got just the head done. This is my number one priority starting Monday.

Tina's Cowl: Frogged the slip stitch pattern because it just wasn't working out. The mock cables are going quickly and I'm thinking this will make a good project to work on at the Fest.

Azapa Crosshatch Lace Cowl: Threw this on the needles because I was in dire need of a quick fix project. This yarn is AMWRAZING. I'm definitely going to use this to start my first sweater. Got to get collecting! This is the perfect yarn for a cowl, though - lightweight but super soft and warm, just the slightest bit fuzzy. Once I finish Tina's cowl this weekend I'll knock the rest of this out.

Ainara Whirlpool Fingerless Gloves: I totally forgot about these. These too will come this weekend - what better place to work with my own dye job than where I'm selling it?

Homespun Tree Skirt: Ugh. I'll get back to this once everything else is finished.

That teddy lion is killing me. I have the day off on Monday (thank goodness, after the insane weekend I'll be having) and I'll just make myself work on it. Maybe put on some How I Met Your Mother reruns on Netflix or something. If I thought I could bribe someone to do it I would do it and happily, especially since it occurs to me that I have NO clue how I'm going to attach the ruff that will take it from bear to lion. Crochet, I guess. At the very least the pattern I'm using (Vera) is knit in one piece, so the "assembly" is really just weaving in ends, stuffing, and adding eyes and the ruff. No sewing on of limbs or heads or ears. Seamless. It's a beautiful thing. ...I hope.

Grumble grumble. I should go eat my apple. And make a price list for this weekend. And get my donation to the raffle ready. And probably a dozen other things. Fiber fest, though art both temptress and slave driver at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment