Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hard Work & Straight Hair

So despite the initial discomfort of the keratin treatment, it was a ROARING success. I had never been so happy to wash my hair in all my life, and when I did wash it my hair dried practically straight! It was amazing. I almost cried. Which might seem a little sad but anyone with curly hair that 'fros up if you walk through the bathroom too soon after someone else takes a shower will understand where I'm coming from. The highlight of my day today was driving home for lunch in the blinding heat. It was freezing in my office today, and while normally I would have shied away from the heat and humidity I just pumped the music, opened with windows, soaked up the warmth, and let the wind muss my hair. Because I could.

It was about the only bright spot in the day. This has been a heck of a week and not in the good way. Work is becoming increasingly stressful and then I've been coming home and working my buttski off to prepare for my show this weekend.

That's right! First official MollyGirl show this Sunday! 10-5 in Veterans' Park in Westwood, NJ! Come!

And that's my pitch lol. I'm really looking forward to it - I'll have a whole new display thing by then. I hope. My father is making it for me from something I drew on an envelope, so I have no idea what it'll really look like in the end. I thought I was well set... and then found a whole mess of things that needed labels still. I spent the last three days labeling everything from stitch markers to shawls to skeins. And now I am labeled out. I think everything is labeled and ready to go, and truth be told, whatever isn't is staying home. I need a wee bit of time to relax.

I want to get some more work done on my Mal Worsted scrapghan and maybe do some spinning. I just ordered some fun fun batts (which I wasn't supposed to do but I did anyway) so I should probably try and make a little room for them before they get here. Right? Granny squares ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment