Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Weekend Retreat

I didn't have a stellar week. I wrote a few really angry posts about my job, but my better judgement kicked in and I published none of them.
A weekend retreat was definitely in order though, and Boyfriend & I spent the night at my parents' lake cabin. Waking up among the trees surrounded by birdsong... it's very zen.
I used to hate it up here. We got this place when I was... 12 or 13? I hated it because it meant I would be disconnected from all of my friends,  and while there were other kids here there weren't a whole lot that were my age and the ones that were had no interest in being my friend. Now though, as an adult and with the addition of things like internet access, laptops, cell phones, etc. I'm very happy to be here. Away from things. Nothing pressing on me, no apartment begging to be cleaned or kitty asking why he can't have supper at 3 pm. It's very pleasant and as much as I hated it when I was younger I'm enjoying it now.
We're having some friends come up for the day later, they should be here in about an hour. But for now it's just us. Boyfriend is reading, I'm knitting, and there's some music coming through the windows from my computer. Birdies singing and the trees just being green & pretty. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment