Saturday, May 25, 2013

Itchy Itchy Itchy!

I'm so excited that my first pattern release has gone over so well! The positive feedback is very heartening. I have the chunky version of the pattern ready for release, so that will probably come out sometime next week.

The rest of the week wasn't fun, but workweeks rarely are these days. The only thing of real significance that happened is that on Thursday I got a significant portion of my hair cut off and splurged on a keratin treatment. I was skeptical as I always am of things that cost upwards of $200 but I feel better after getting it. I've heard enough first-hand positive feedback that I have some hope of not being fuzzyheaded (literally) all summer long. And for sure my hair has NEVER been this flat. One of my co-workers told me I looked like Cher, my hair was so pin straight. I actually don't like the way it looks at all right now, but that's because it was flat ironed so thoroughly. It won't look like this when I do it myself, thankfully.

The whole process took about 4 hours altogether and I'm currently in the "DON'T TOUCH IT" phase. I'm not supposed to put it back, clip it, tuck it behind my ears, or anything else that might put a dink in it. It wasn't a problem yesterday really at all. I always managed to catch myself putting it behind my ears before it was a problem. But today I'm feeling distinctly grimey. This is part of the reason I stopped flat ironing my hair  - it always felt greasy WAY faster than a simple blow-dry. My head is itchy like crazy now, though, and if I wasn't under orders I'd be in the shower at this very moment. I have to wait until tomorrow after 8 though... I'll make it, I know. I'm just going to be itchy until then.

At least I have a Karma Yarn Swap KA swap to look forward to tonight. I also plan to play some Sim City as soon as I can wean Boyfriend off his computer. And I spin. Must keep... hands... busy....

No comments:

Post a Comment