Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Frozen Treats Heal All Hurts

After a busy busy weekend, about the last thing I wanted was a busy week. Alas, summer in recreation.  What is a little civil servant to do.

It was a good weekend, though. Geocaching on Saturday and my first craft show as MollyGirl on Sunday. The show was exhausting, as they always are, but also rewarding. I love getting out and talking to people about my craft. Plus, outdoor show meant puppy kisses! My reward after a long sweaty day was a giant tub of froyo. I'm a simple girl, really. Frozen dessert items are generally all I need to heal my emotional hurts. Even when I was little, this was the case. I once stepped on a beehive and got stung 25 times. I cried and cried... until a neighbor brought me a fudgecicle. 

It was a more stressful show than usual; my father built me a wonderful new display... which was still being worked on and finished several hours into the show. The new mirror I bought for people to try on stuff was broken when I took it out of the box. I almost poked my eye out with one of the pegs on my fancy new display. Just one of those days, I guess. So stressful for sure, but rewarding nonetheless. Just looking ahead to my next show now at the end of the month out in Southampton NY. 

I got some merino angora blend to dye up and it's BEAUTIFUL. Going to have to keep one of these babies for moi. =] I'm having a bit of a love affair with angora right now, I must say. It's just SO SOFT. If only I could get my hands on some alpaca/angora... Yumm...

I haven't been knitting too much. I should try and punch out a bit more of my sweater, really, and I have a cowl (a River Deep, Mountain High, if you must know) on the needles as well. I've also been working a bunch on my Mal Worsted scrapghan.  My goal is to get it done for Christmas,  though only having 38 squares of 252 done... we'll see. Lofty goals, I know. ;] The toughest part I think is getting all the colors. I can't afford to actually buy all the skeins (especially since I only want to use half of it at most) so I've been swapping a lot. It's helpful, but I realize at some point I'm going to run out of people to swap with! lol and then I won't have any more! But this is a problem for the future. I figure as long as I punch out a few squares every day and connect them up, I'll be okay. I adore granny squares, so it's actually tougher not to just do that. I love afghans. Love. Yay!

Right now I'm just trying to relax. I know I have an insanely stressful few months coming at work, so all I can do is try and keep my zen, hanging out with Bosco and Boyfriend and yarnz. We're making steak tonight for dinner, so pumped about that! And I have a pint of Tasti D-Lite with my name on it in the freezer. Only 8 points for the whole thing, and lawd knows I could use the pick me up. Like I said, frozen treats are my panacea. Headbutts from Bosco help too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment