Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Morning Routine

I do so love Saturday mornings. It might be weird, but I always feel strangely productive on Saturday mornings. I'm a relatively early riser, usually out of bed by 8:30. sometimes nine, and since Boyfriend sleeps later than me 99% of the time it's kind of my quiet time. Bosco usually follows me around, even after I feed him, so we have some cuddles. Then I guess I do a little yarn organization. I'm not sure what else to call it lol. I collect any yarn I may have acquired over the week, along with any new FO's, stuff for the shop, etc. Unblock anything that's dry. Straighten up my yarn bukkits and update the contents lists associated with those. Photograph everything & update my Ravelry pages. Reply to emails, messages, etc. that I didn't get to during the week. Pack up swap packages. Update my epic spreadsheet in which I track all ongoing projects, the status of my stash, etc. ...Yeah, that definitely sounds weird.

It's mostly mindless though, and makes me happy at the same time. It's a good way to wake up in a relaxed state of mind, I think. Listen to some music, drink some coffee.

I did grab some pictures of my FO's from last week that had been blocking. I'm particularly pleased with this one here. It's my own Limited Engagement: Bowery Ballroom base in MollyGirl's Keep Warm colorway. It's truly a luxury to knit with my own yarns, and I was concerned while I was knitting this one that I would wind up frogging it. I thought I might have used needles that were too large or that it wouldn't block well. I used Fish Scale Lace, one of my personal faves, and while being knit it's very... curly is the wrong word. But it definitely doesn't hang straight. This works sometimes, but I didn't want it in this particular piece.




As you can see it blocked quite nicely, and I ADORE the way the colors came out. It didn't pool at ALL. And being baby alpaca of course it's about the softest thing ever. Super yum. 

The rest of today will probably be calm. There may be hanging out with people, though I may also spend the day playing The Sims, as I am wont to do from time to time. I usually try to knit while doing do, but it never really works out as planned. I really do need to finish my repeat from yesterday and one for today on the Caledonia I'm making for my co-worker, so that will definitely (hopefully) get finished. I got a whole slew of Mal Worsted scraps for my scrapghan from my swappie friends so I'd love to try and knock out a few more squares. We shall see.

So off I go. But I leave you with this song for a weekend giggle. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment